Today we tap into some insights after a good night of sleep, chat briefly about Surveillance Capitalism (and Digital Minimalism) before I share the first steps in my new book: OPTIMIZE - A Handbook for the Modern Hero.
Today we have fun meeting the new Optimize (Hero) (Virtue) Compass and I share some interesting HRV and RHR data over last three days looking at effects of last meal, ice baths, etc.
After a very brief retirement, I'm back. lol. Missed you. Let's goooo! As always: Get instant (free) access to all 600+ PhilosophersNotes AND all 50 Optimal Living 101
Today we hit the pause button on the ol' #1s as it's taking a little more Energy + Focus than I'm willing to give it vis-a-vis my truly What's Important Now targets. I think I'll be back with these near the end of the year to make sure we're wrapping up 2020 with antifragile ferocity and getting ready to make 2021 THE Greatest Year of our Lives.
In the meantime, PNTVs every day thru end of year. And Top 3 kicking off October 1st. LET'S! DO!! THIS!!!
As always: Get instant (free) access to all 600+ PhilosophersNotes AND all 50 Optimal Living 101 classes AND 1,000+ Optimize +1s as part of our free 2-week trial: http://optimize.me/
Today we visit the barn-studio to hang out with 500+ of my favorite books as we check out the studio set up for the upcoming Top 3 Most Life-Changing Book series! :)
Optimize: https://optimize.me/ (← Get Free Stuff + Free 2-Week Trial!)
Optimize Coach: https://optimize.me/coach (← Join 2,000+ Optimizers from 70+ Countries!)
Here are 5 of my favorite Big Ideas from The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins. Hope you enjoy!
Mel Robbins is funny, witty and wise. Her TEDx Talk (called How to stop screwing yourself over) is one of the most popular of all time, with more than 18 million views. This book is also super popular—with over 1,000 Amazon reviews. It’s pretty awesome. Actually, the book is REALLY (!) good. In fact, Mel Robbins’ 5 Second Rule might just be one of THE most elegantly efficient Tools we can use to close the gap between who we’re CAPABLE of being and who we’re ACTUALLY being. (Seriously.) Big Ideas we explore include The 5 Second Rule (and how/when to rock it), how to win the game of life (hint: start, stay in, for the long game!), excitement + anxiety (and how they feel the same in the body), managing distractions (today a good day?), and changing your life with one moment of everyday courage.
Get The 5 Second Rule on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Second-Rule-Transform-Confidence-Everyday/dp/1682612384
Learn more about Mel Robbins: https://www.optimize.me/authors/mel-robbins/
► RELATED RESOURCES:
Big Idea 1: 5…4…3…2…1… → !!!
- +1:The 5 Second Rule | 5… 4 … 3 … 2 … 1 … BLASTOFF! (#788) → https://www.optimize.me/plus-one/the-5-second-rule/https://www.optimize.me/plus-one/the-5-second-rule/
- Why Your Snooze Button Sucks | … the Life out of Your Day (#791) → https://www.optimize.me/plus-one/why-your-snooze-button-sucks/
- +1: The #1 Key to Happiness + Flourishing | Hint: Become BFFs with your Inner Soul (#2) → https://www.optimize.me/plus-one/the-1-key-to-happiness-flourishing/
- +1: How to High Five Your Inner Daimon | My Philosophy in One Word (#3) → https://www.optimize.me/plus-one/how-to-high-five-your-inner-daimon/
- Optimus Jet Packs | Strap Yours on Today and GO! (#804) → https://www.optimize.me/plus-one/optimus-jet-packs/
- +1: +1 or -1 = Destiny Math | What Must YOU be? (#1) → https://www.optimize.me/plus-one/destiny-math/
Big Idea 2: HOW TO WIN
- PN: Art and Fear by David Bayles and Ted Orland → https://www.optimize.me/philosophers-notes/art-and-fear-david-bayles-ted-orland/
- PN: Originals by Adam Grant → https://www.optimize.me/philosophers-notes/originals-adam-grant/
Big Idea 3: ANXIETY → EXCITEMENT
- +1: "I'm Excited!" | What to Say to Yourself When You’re Feeling Nerves (#27) → https://www.optimize.me/plus-one/im-excited/
Big Idea 4: FOCUS
- +1: WIN! WIN! WIN! | What’s Your Next Most Important Thing? (<- Crush That. Repeat.) (#421) → https://www.optimize.me/plus-one/win-win-win/
- +1:What’s Important Now? (Part 2) | How to Win 28 Olympic Medals (#276) → https://www.optimize.me/plus-one/whats-important-now-part-2/
Big Idea 5: ONE MOMENT
- +1: Carpe Punctum | You Can’t Seize Days—Only Moments (#227) → https://www.optimize.me/plus-one/carpe-punctum/
► FREE 14-DAY TRIAL:
Get the PhilosophersNote on The 5 Second Rule and 600+ other books by starting a Free 14-Day trial membership to Optimize: https://www.optimize.me/trial/
► MORE GOODNESS:
- Get the Optimize App for iPhone & iPad: https://www.optimize.me/apps/
- Get the Optimize App for Android: https://www.optimize.me/apps/
- Subscribe to the Optimize Podcast: https://optimize.me/podcast/
- Follow Optimize on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BriantheOptimizer/
- Follow Optimize on Instagram: https://instagram.com/optimize.me/
As I was prepping for our upcoming Top 3 Most Life-Changing Books series, I realized I could create a little video on my Top 3 favorite teachers. Here it is!
Get instant (free) access to all 600+ PhilosophersNotes AND all 50 Optimal Living 101 classes AND 1,000+ Optimize +1s as part of our free 2-week trial: http://optimize.me/
Get instant (free) access to my Notes on those Top 10 books AND 600+ other ones AND all 50 Optimal Living 101 classes AND 1,000+ Optimize +1s as part of our free 2-week trial: http://optimize.me/
Larry King + James Pawelski interview link: https://the.positivevoices.com/live-audience-yes
(Get Free Stuff + Free 2-Week Trial!) Optimize Coach: https://optimize.me/coach (Join 2,000+ Optimizers from 70+ Countries!)
From Notes on Jim Afremow's Champion's Mind: https://www.optimize.me/philosophers-notes/the-champions-mind-jim-afremow/https://www.optimize.me/philosophers-...
“Take a minute right now to think about your performance when you did not believe a good or respectable outcome was possible but you still found a way to make it happen. There is beauty in being ugly but effective (UBE) or having a good bad day (GBD) while you are not at your finest. Keep your head in the game and grind it out.”
There’s a powerful beauty in being ugly but effective and having good bad days. UBE + GBD. This is big. If we want to cultivate truly intense trust in ourselves, we need to know that we can pull it together when things start falling apart. Jack Nicklaus called it playing poorly well. Afremow tells us Rory McIlroy calls it “scrappy golf.”
Step #1 to making that happen is to KNOW that you will have x bad shots per round. It’s the unhealthy perfectionists among us (*waving to my old self!*) who struggle with this the most— thinking they should be able to get thru the day P.E.R.F.E.C.T.L.Y. (but only every day) and that if they don’t, it’s a sign of something being inherently wrong with them. (Hah.)
We need to hold our high standards of excellence while embracing the constraints of reality that (tragically!) we will *never* be perfect. Then... when the inevitable bad shot comes along, rather than beating ourselves up, we simply say, “Aha! There’s a bad shot. I knew you’d sneak in at some point. No big deal. Back to work.”
Get first week of Optimize Coach FREE here: https://www.optimize.me/coach-module-o/
Note: 10 more days to join us for Class III!